Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Can't See Clearly Now!!

When I work on assignments for school or for something else, I usually play music in my background to keep my mind at ease and focused, but today, my music actually started to paint a picture while I was working. All the songs I that I listened to today painted a picture of what happened to me and my friends when I was a kid.

"It was a good day" by Ice Cube was the first song that fired up on my computer. Listening to the lyrics of the song, it brought back up memories of getting up and going through the day wondering if something bad was going to happen to me or any of my friends. Usually wake up and go hang out with friends and do stuff that we shouldn't do, but we did anyway. We'd play ball for a long time, go shoot dice or play cards or something. Usually around night they would go to clubs or parties. I was always hesitant about going because shit always seems to happen when stupid people are drunk or high and the police would always show up. One time I went with them, a fight broke out between a couple of dudes and escalated into a guy getting jumped out in the streets. He got hit over the head with a bottle and he was knocked out after that. Then somebody stomped his head and then the police storm over. As soon as everybody heard sirens, Everybody got out of dodge as quickly as they could. We all thought that nothing bad would happen to us, but the more I hung out with them, the more I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen.

Just listening to music, I was filled with memories that were good and bad during my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment