Sunday, September 25, 2011

5 All Over Again

Being five years old again was a hard thing to try to reconnect with. The only things I really remember from my youth were:
1. Cartoons - Mostly X - Men, the good X - Men cartoon and old Hanna Barbera Cartoons
2. Playing games in school - Tag, cops 'n' robbers, Duck Duck Goose. Kid Shit.
3. Playing Arcade Games - X - Men arcade game. Based off this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2q5SYPbwFk
4. Art time in class - Usually ended up with more on me than on paper.

All I really did was play games and people that remembered back then said that I was a bad ass kid that always tried to hurt people. The said I use to throw cans at people for no reason and once I chased my uncle around the house with a knife or a pair of scissors. Another story was that I poured a whole bottle of cologne on a tv and messed it up permanently.

I made things that related to me back then which were:
1. A necklace of paperclips - back then we always used to chain them together to see how long we could make it before we got bored and took a nap.
2. Handcuffs - These symbolized being caught and having to stay still when playing tag and other games.
3. Claws - this reminded me of the old X - Men Cartoon and always having to be stuck using Wolverine in the Arcade game. Stupid Wolverine.

No comments:

Post a Comment