Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hey Hey

What's up everybody, it's me again. How is everybody doing. Finally finished doing some big projects for some of my other classes. Still kind of struggling in making a picture mean two different things but I think i got it right finally. Went out and bought myself a treat by getting two new games for my XBOX 360. I bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and NFL Madden 2010. I've been playing games not as much as I use to, but i'm playing now trying to get ideals for a video game i've been wanting to make for a long time and also see what some of the latest video games have to offer. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is a Role Playing slash Adventure game with everybody's favorite Super Heroes from Marvel like; Spider Man, the X-Men, and Iron Man. It also has some heroes that people might not know. NFL Madden 2010 is a American Football sim I got because I love football and I love to rebuild teams to see what I can do. Hopefully, taking all of these classes will help with computers so I can have a better understanding of programming and design. I'll probably have to take some kind of art class so I can draw a little better. Well, I guess I will see you guys in class later on today, Goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. The challenge for aspiring game creators is to know where to focus their educational efforts -- Should I learn to program? Should I learn to draw? Should I learn to write narratives?

    Speaking purely as someone who used to teach drawing, it is very difficult to learn to draw in a "casual" way. You CAN teach yourself to draw IF you get technical help from books, and any other sources you can find, and IF you work pretty hard -- at least an hour a day. In art schools, drawing is a twice-a-week, 3-hr. per session experience -- or more. And, of course, you really need to work directly from live models at some point if you want to draw more than chairs and trees and battle axes.
    Drawing, like music, is both a perceptual and a conceptual skill -- and a physical skill.
    It's like learning to play the piano or the guitar: You can't really learn by only playing once in a while, a few minutes a day.

    Mannheimer

    ReplyDelete